Communicating emerging health and health policy trends in clear language.
My writing involves taking a complex medical-legal issue or new regulation and ‘translating’ it into clear, concise language. For example, patients may need a readable summary of a new clinical research proposal or a background paper to participate in an advisory capacity. A law firm may need a white paper on the real world impact to patients of a client’s public policy agenda. Or a hospital may need a summary on a new Medicare policy on inpatient payment for their Board of Directors.
And because I believe health involves more than a successful annual checkup, I often write about health and wellness in the context of lifestyle choices and personal growth. For me, that may involve finding a peaceful respite for my mind to relax and my writing to flourish. You’ll find these little gems under “Where I Write.” It also involves meditation, fitness, personal growth and self-motivation. I write about these as well.
I write . . .
- Feature articles in women’s magazines, print and online
- Legislative summaries and impact statements for patient advocacy groups
- Persuasive op-eds
- Blog posts on women’s heart health
- Monthly health columns for large media outlets
- About my favorite spa, where it is, and what to do when you get there
- Someplace — either physical or mental — that tickles my fancy